Saturday 24 July 2010

A bit of shopping and news

You know what it's like when you get that email from one of your faourite shops telling you they have a sale on. Now here's the thing, I actually do not buy 'new' very often. There is nothing better than trawlling the charity shops to find that piece of gold, well something preloved, now to be loved by me.


I can actually count on one hand the items of 'brand new' clothes I've bought her and my wardrobe is defiantely thrift. However, the other day I took a look at the Boden sale, and actually bought some things:


I couldn't resist this top for my daughter, Poppy, I'm always drawn to red, it makes me smile

and this dress will be perfect for the summer, but will look great with a long sleeved t-shirt and tights this winter. I then remembered the dress I had made for her using some Boden fabric I picked up. I love cord pinafores and they have been a staple of her wardrobe since she was born



I love the simplicity of the flowers, they are bold, but pretty
and the freehand machine embroidery was inspired by one of my hero's Poppy Treffry.


Oh and this light weight knitted Kaftan found it's way into my wardrobe. I love the mix of hot pink and lime


I then hunted throught my fabric stash to find my Boden fabrics, I think there will be some fun bunting, coming soon


Talking of bunting, I've been playing with some fairy bunting, (tiny bunting to those who do not believe in fairies). This was my first prototype. I love the size of the flags, but I'm not happy with the ric rac. (The second version using bakers twine that I made today is definately more like it! Pictures coming soon)


Also new is Letitia the Lilac fairy, developed for a recent commision, shown her with Guinevere and Maud



and Yolanda the Yellow fairy, available in my fairies shop now


New to Little Kitten Homemade, are my Union Jack mini MOO cards. Whilst I loved my previous order, where I used pictures of my different bunting collections, being the 'love the detail' sort of person I am, I wanted to have a colour co-ordinated look to my packaging. So I decided to use my traditional Union Jack applique for my new batch of cards. I'm so happy with the outcome. I feel my online brand identity is coming together. I think ( other than the giveaway triangular shape) you can tell that I make bunting and I'm British, what do you think?


and finally, I've added a new flag to my portfolio. This one is a 'British Cream Tea' take on the on the Australian flag.

Ok so I think that's all my news for now, have a nice weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment