Sunday 7 February 2010

Brooches

BEFORE
Now, the thing is I LOVE making my wool felt brooches. it's the colour and texture of the felt. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting there with my box of felt to my left, my embroidery threads in front of me and my button boxes to my right. Now I know that sounds sad, but there you go!

The thing is, I've not been happy with the photo's that I took. Firstly I did them on a white background, then a black one, but they still didn't look right. Yes you could see the amazing colours, but they were just not right. This was confirmed by some feedback from a customer, who said the brooch was much nicer in real life than the photo.

So I've had a rethink ( inspired by some gorgeous fabric I got from http://www.fabricrehab.co.uk/ ) and redid all my photo's



AFTER
So what do you think? I love the simplicity of the brooches, they look stunning pinned to you coat, cardie or bag (My daughter has one of my smaller flowers pinned to her hat, it looks lovely!)
Well I guess the proof will be if they sell............... fingers crossed, I'm in need of a
relaxing evening with my felt!
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment