Wednesday 27 January 2010

The Allotment


Did I mention that we have allotment? It's a family affair, us and mum. We were allocated it last May, having been on the waiting list for 18 months. We managed to grow lots of vegetables, despite playing catch up. Our biggest mistake................. we spent far too long looking at what we'd grown instead of eating it! Lesson learn't.

I know it doesn't look very promising at the moment, but we planted lots of fruit last year. Strawberries, Raspberries, Tayberries, Rhubarb and Gooseberries, so we are all hoping for a bountiful harvest. Little man (my son) has grand plans for Strawberry Ice cream this summer.

Now every allotment needs to have a shed. Now I know ours is perhaps the ugly duckling, but I think with a lick of paint and a bit of creativity, it could turn into a swan. Any ideas, let me know!


So, after 2 hours digging (believe me it was very cold!) Mum and I had found mud. We're off to buy potatoes tomorrow and we've got plans for a summer veg area and winter veg area and it's going to look lovely........note to self, and taste delicious!




I'll keep you up to date.




Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment