Saturday 12 June 2010

My exciting news

I do not know how I've contained myself, but I didn't want to say anything until it was all done. However a couple of weeks ago, I was contacted and asked to make the bunting to decorate the Etsy UK stand at craft fairs throughout the country. After I'd finished jumping up and down, I put my thinking cap on and came up with ideas to meet the brief - to be bright, cheerful, standout, have orange lettering and Union Jacks in alternative colours.
My spin on it was to use Amy Butler fabrics. I matched the font to Etsy's and added a little heart to my Britannia Union Jack design. I also made larger flags than normal for the main Etsy UK banner.
So here is the end result

A bundle of bunting!

Union Jacks a plenty

Extra Large bunting, similar can be found in my shop http://www.littlekittenhomemade.etsy.com/

Buy handmade!

Here is the feedback - "Oh my! It's absolutely fantastic - Sarah worked with me to create several pieces of custom bunting, one of which had larger flags than she usually does, and the result was perfection. Immaculately hand made and wonderful design ideas. Worth every penny. The Etsy UK stall will be stunning at craft fairs around the country this summer thanks to littlekittenhomemade!!!" 6/09/2010



No comments:

Post a Comment